Lee Valley Apron Plane

I'd forgotten that one was in my LV wishlist. SWMBO bought it for my birthday, along with the leather holster.

I didn't expect this. It's just the cutest little thing. When I set it down next to my standard Stanley block plane I wasn't expecting it to be _that_ much smaller. I hadn't expected the blade to be that easy and quick to hone. And I didn't expect the shavings to be that fine, or that it would slide so nice on the wood.

It was a luxury I wouldn't have bought myself till much later because there were other things I wanted first and I didn't think I'd use it as much as I already have. I didn't think it would feel this nice in my hand. I didn't think it would sit in my apron pocket that well.

Bless her little heart.

Reply to
else24

" snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@i42g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

My wife bought me one of those a couple of years ago, for my birthday. Unfortunately, it arrived the same day as a nice vintage handplane that I'd ordered for myself from Patrick Leach. I ended up having to wait until Father's Day, just because.

I still like the handplane, and she's still here and loved.

Patriarch

Reply to
Patriarch