LED bulb update

In January I installed 12 Feit bulbs, mostly in the living room. They are on 12-14 hours a day. Today the one in the lamp beside my chair died. It dimmed, flickered and nearly went out. It is installed base up. When I removed it the base was too hot to handle. The others are mostly in lamps (base down) and do not feel as hot, but are definitely warm.
These are the bulbs that were on sale at HD.
--
GW Ross

What do you get if you play New Age

I assume they are 60W equiv? The extreme heat difference may be due to the catastrophic failure of the electronics within the base of the failed unit. wonder if you took one of the 'good' bulbs and put it in the lamp for an hour (or more) and checked the temp ...
Spalted Walt wrote:

I have two over the sink base up that burn about 8 hr/day. Checked them and they were only warm.
--
GW Ross

What do you get if you play New Age
On Sun, 4 Sep 2016 10:44:35 -0400

how many watts are they
On 9/3/2016 6:09 PM, G. Ross wrote:

Hot would be a concern BUT hopefully not any hotter than an incandescent bulb would have been.