Large Rabbet

Page 2 of 2
"Kent" wrote in message

Only at your own risk ... Sorry, I'm thinking that this is much ado about very little, with a whole lot of over analyzing to boot?
That said, you still did not give the full dimensions of the final trim piece, and without that ALL the advice you've gotten thus far is basically incomplete conjecture.
Two cuts with a single blade is not really all that complicated and, approached properly, should be safer than using large dado stack on a relatively small workpiece.
There is no rule that states you have to complete a cut on the table saw. If your stock is narrow enough that you're worried about it tipping as the second cut is completed, then simply use a longer piece and stop the cut with as much stock left in front of the blade that you feel comfortable with.
It's really not all that difficult, or unsafe, if approached with some common sense.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 8/08/07
Kent wrote:

Google search: http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&aq=t&ie=UTF-8&rls=GGLJ,GGLJ:2006-43,GGLJ:en&q=rampant+Rabbit
Kent wrote:

Neither one IMO. I'd glue it up from two smaller pieces, hate chopping up a large piece and trying to find a use for small offcuts.
--

dadiOH