Laminate over laminate

I have a small mobile table that has a laminate top which is in fairly good shape, but the style is dated. Can I put new laminate right over top of the old laminate using contact cement? Will it stick alright?
TIA, Caleb
If the existing is still stuck well, clean it with laquer thinner or acetone and sand it lightly. Wipe off the dust and the new stuff will stick like, well..... glue. I do it all the time.
Jamie