Kreg Pocket Hole Jig Recommendation

Page 2 of 2

So you want fast on-the-spot jig fabrication? Doyou, do you, huh huh? try this handy fella: http://tinyurl.com/y25n9g
Robatoy wrote:

Nice!

The corrugations are tapered slightly, so when the fastener enters the wood, it pulls both pieces together...to the point where glue has squirted out high enough to hit my glasses. You won't be using it overhead, cuz that mofo has some kick to it.

PS... I never tried this one, but I do have the Paslode version and use it a lot. The Paslode is almost 3 times the money...but that's all there was when I bought it. ( Butt joining countertop particleboard.)
An investment in any of the Kreg kits is worthwhile. I have been using pocket holes for years since the jigs became popular and the common denominator is: get a good plug in drill. I work primarily with hardwoods - oak - ash - etc. and a good electric drill will go a long way with making pocket holes.
-john

I have a Kreg and like it, but if I didn't have one I'd consider one of these. http://www.mailwareweb.com/sommerfeld/item.asp?n=ppj1&d 6&b=2 ($140 in the catalog, $90 on the web page.) http://www.mailwareweb.com/sommerfeld/item.asp?n=ppj2&d 6&b=2 ($75 in the catalog, $60 on the web page.)
(Sommerfeld home page http://www.sommerfeldtools.com / No affiliation etc.)
The difference from my Kreg is you can adjust the height, making it easier to handle different widths.
-- Mark
Save some money and go spend some time browsing eBay. You will find what you need for less $$$
http://cgi.ebay.com/Kreg-Pocket-Hole-Jig-K2-MP-Master-Pack-Joint_W0QQitemZ140056626536QQihZ004QQcategoryZ303QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem