Krazy Glue

From a clumsy old lady: is there a product that works as well as Krazy Glue without gluing my fingers together? And once I've glued my fingers together I don't have much luck unsticking with nail polish remover (as tube suggests). Thanks for any help you can suggest.

you need acetone. your nail polish remover is probably acetone-free, which won't work.
what are you attempting to glue? that is pertinent to what type of adhesive to use.

Acetone? On your skin?.

Why not? Removes all oils. But do not smoke at the same time.
--
Best regards
Han
Robatoy wrote:

Well, I think it probably would suck in a martini ...

You're a trouble maker! :^|

That's the problem with text only. You can't see the look of innocence on my face.

And just how many hours have you practiced in front of the mirror developing that look of innocence?
"Marlene Seaward" wrote:

When I work with this stuff, I wear non sterile surgical gloves.
Once the glue has cured, an X-acto knife is about the only way to separate your fingers if you are in a hurry.
If you have a little patience, your skin's natural oils will cause the glue to break loose from your skin.
Lew
Marlene Seaward wrote:

What are you trying to glue - that is, what kind of materials?

Important question. For instance, if you want to glue fingers togther, I'd recommend Krazy glue. :-)
snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Marlene Seaward) wrote in

You can get tubes and extensions for the glue bottles that might help you keep your fingers out of the way. Ask at the local craft store, or look up a hobby shop.
You might try one of the Tester's products. For plastics, there's the water-based model cement, and they make a wood cement too. I've never used the wood cement. They're available in the toy models section at most big stores.
Puckdropper

Marlene Seaward wrote:

Wear disposable gloves when working with it.
--John

The little extension tubes for CA glue always seem to clog up. Acetone is the best way to get the glue off your fingers, you just don't want to wash your hands in it every day. And gloves are best for keeping your hands glue free. That way when you spill a full bottle of CA while trying to open a stuck nozzle all over your hand you don't have to wonder how you get the "glue handcuffs" off by your self! Gloves don't feel pain!

I usually clear mine out before removing it by squeezing the bottle. (The tube is pointed somewhere safe, like a cardboard box.) That works two or three times. After that, you might get lucky and have it clog near the end where you can snip off the end of the tube. Sometimes running a thin wire through also unclogs it.
My latest bottle of CA has a metal tip on it. That'll hold up better for cleanings with a wire. (I use the same technique to unclog my airbrush, a $15 Testers model.)
One more tip: Those little tubes of superglue that are 2 or 3 for a buck are best considered one-time-use-only. A larger tube usually only costs a dollar or two more, and you can use the whole thing!
Puckdropper

On 2008-05-22, Puckdropper <puckdropper> wrote:

Here's a couple of superglue tips. Keep it in the freezer and it doesn't cure/clog.
Also don't squeeze the tube (unless you need a huge amount). As it warms, it seems to flow like water and in my experience enough comes out without squeezing for most jobs. Just tilt the tube and let gravity do the work. Little implements like toothpicks can be handy.
Oh yes, wear gloves and have cleanup rags. I'm sure most people have had a "Wile E Coyote" moment with cynoacrilate at some time. (I know I have)