Jointer Blade Hone

Woodcraft sells a "Jointer Blade Hone" that doesn't require removal of the blades from the jointer. Do these really work effectively? Sharpening them without having to remove the blades sounds to good to be true.
so does MLCS

them
This is one of those gadgets that was worth the money.
Yes indeed, it's effective for honing.
Don't know about Woodcafts hone, but look at http://woodworker.com/cgi-bin/FULLPRES.exe?PARTNUM 0-350 for comparison as this one has an index.
-nick

the
I do better turning on the jointer with a stone over the blades. I've got the tool in question; I don't think it is effective. If the blades are a bit out of alignment, they won't be after getting "stoned".
Dave
Nicky wrote:

yes, it works well for touchup. i also use a small diamond paddle and do it by hand.