Jet mortiser w/ cross slide vise

I just put this together...
http://mysite.verizon.net/vze6zvlk/id12.html
Hi Mark, I am sure it will make quite a difference. It certainly did with ours. We just finished doing a similar fix for my GI mortiser. Will post pictures on abpw later in the week. Cheers, JG
Mark Howell wrote:

On Sun, 06 Mar 2005 03:14:08 GMT, the inscrutable "Mark Howell"

Excellent idea. I'll be following suit shortly, before the next project gets run through my mortiser.
One question, though: Got enough -bolt- length? ;) (I would have used lags and screwed extra height to it as needed but the SF is built tall to avoid that.)
My ShopFox mortiser has a cap head screw for use with a supplied t-handled allen wrench.
spake: