Jet Contractors Saw - Sealing the back

I saw in Wood or Popular Woodworking about a year or so ago an article regarding sealing up the back of the Jet Contractors saw for better dust collection. Does anyone remember this article and / or which magazine it was in? Have a copy?
thanks.
Creamy Goodness wrote:

If you google awhile you'll see lots of pictures on the web. I didn't do that before I cut one out of hardboard & screwed it to the back of my Grizzly contractor saw. Smart folks use magnets so it's much easier to take off. <g>
-- Mark
On Thu, 16 Oct 2003 13:58:09 -0600, "Creamy Goodness"

Good luck with this project. the ability to seal up the rear of a contractors saw is elusive at best. i have seen people use two pieces of masonite that slide past one another as you move the bevel, and solid ones that require removing the back to make a bevel cut. one really ingenious set up i saw used a garbage bag. . .really. many thanks to Bill Esposito for this one
take a look here.
http://www.mv.com/users/besposito/woodworking/csdc.html
I have an old Sears saw that had the same problem. I used a piece of 1/4 masonite to seal the back cutting around all the crap that sticks out the back of the saw and where I cut the curved slot I tacked rubber strips so when the blade tilts the strips keep it sealed all along its travel.
Jim
"Traves W. Coppock" <newsgroups-AT-farmvalleywoodworks-DOT-com> wrote in message Crawled out of the shop and said. . .:

On Thu, 16 Oct 2003 13:58:09 -0600, "Creamy Goodness"

Who needs an article? <G>
Simply make a cardboard and tape mockup of the cover with the saw set for 90 degree cuts. Jigsaw, rout, or scrollsaw a 1/4" ply or hardboard "real version" of the mockup. Attach with self-stick velcro. Remove the cover when it interferes with blade tilt.
The back dosen't have to be hermetically sealed, you can design a cover in 5 minutes that will close all that needs to be closed. Give it a shot!
Barry