Is this too much snipe?

I just got a Makita 2012NB planer. The wood comes out looking pretty good, but when I run a ROS (80 grit) over it, some snipe shows up on the first pass. It takes another couple passes to blend it away.
If this is considered acceptable then I can live with it. However if it is excessive, what can I do about it?
Thanks.
I would not call it excessive, hell just a few passes, Are the infeed/outfeed tables adjustable on that planer? On the DW 733, De-Walt tells you to raise the ends of the infeed/outfeed tables a hair above the "main plate"(forget what you call it, bed?, main table?) of the planer. Tony D.

Toller wrote:

Sounds as though all I need to do is tell you it's acceptable and you're happy? That's easy enough.
It's acceptable.
Wow! I feel good.
sorry... I couldn't resist your set up.

Just follow the rules of proper stock preparation. This will eliminate all snipe for now and ever more. You simply have to cut your stock longer than needed and only make you final end cuts when the piece(s) is(are) at it's(their) required thickness.
No snipe, it's easy, it's fun, tell all your friends.
UA100, promoting better living through proper stock preparation...

final end cuts when the piece(s) is(are) at it's(their) required thickness.
Yeah but that is a waste of my wife's hard earned dollars!
--
Rumpty

I gotta ask why you are using 80 grit over a fresh planed surface?
In my case, my 15 year old Ryobi planer does a great job but if I am not careful with lifting the ends when feeding and when the board end exits the planer I get some snipe. Some times a lot. BUT.. I buy s2s lumber and the ends are never square or even close to square. I almost always cut 2 to 3 inches from each end to get rid of the small splits on the end and to square the board up. In that operation I also remove the snipe if there is any.