Is Autumm Here?

I was working outside on those steps today. Bright sunny day, some wind blowing and chill in the air. Due to some large maple trees in the area, I was being blasted by maple "helicopters". All my work kept getting them all over. They kept geting under the sander. Even my hair gets full of them. Any fantasy I have of finishing the steps outside will not work. I have have to clean a spot in somebody elses garage to finish them. All compliments of a feverishly producing maple tree.
<grumble, grumble, bitch, bitch>
On Sun, 4 Oct 2009 17:50:34 -0400, "Lee Michaels"

Maple helicopters? They're normally a spring thing.

Yeah, I know. But the leaves are falling off and the old dried up helicopters are falling off too. And since it was windy, they blew all over the place.
"Lee Michaels" wrote:

Come back in two weeks, but then again, you may face other problems.
Lew
Lee Michaels wrote:

Squirrels are trying to tell us something ... they're bombing the crap out of me with green pecans. I move, they move ... deadly accurate little bastards, and they know it's too early for squirrel gumbo!
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08

No ......... it's Spring
: )

NOT! Season opened October 1!
Dave in Houston
In the old days ... the real old days, in school, didn't they teach squirrel shooting, how to skin them and make gumbo and mittens?
Ahh, them good old days, when a modern stove was a duel fuel model - an Enterprise - running on wood and oil If a rabbit bothered your garden, it was considered proper to shoot it....
My how times have changed.

We are being bombarded by acorn. Heavy ones. They dent cars!!
--
Best regards
Han
Lee Michaels wrote:

Ayup, it's fall. California is on fire as has been its wont in recent years. Nowhere near my house for a change.     sigh,     jo4hn
"jo4hn" wrote:

As this is being written, a 6,000 acre blaze is headed for Wrightwood, CA, a small town NE of L/A, with sking in the winter.
Lew
On Sun, 4 Oct 2009 17:50:34 -0400, "Lee Michaels"

it here. A couple days ago it was 90f, today we had an inch and a half of snow.
Tim Douglass
http://www.DouglassClan.com

How was that transition? My mother's been complaining about the transition from warm to cool, and wishing it'd just go from being Summer to Winter.
Puckdropper
On 05 Oct 2009 04:23:11 GMT, Puckdropper <puckdropper(at)yahoo(dot)com> wrote:

Nothing like waking up to a heavy snowstorm and having to shovel all the sidewalks around the church 3 times during the morning. Today it is gorgeous and clear, but only about 55. Overnight it was in the low 20's. After almost 8 years here I'm getting used to the weird weather transitions, but it is still a bit of a jar.
Tim Douglass
http://www.DouglassClan.com
My laptop knows me too well - it just announced "your battery is low!"

I knew there was a reason I moved from Vermont to Alabama, other than taxes and leftists. Remind me, what is a "snowstorm"?

Well pick it up!
Yeah. Got the first drum of kerosene in for the shop heat ($2.59 per gallon).
Finishing up the exterior painting before it gets too cold. Got an infrared thermometer to help squeeze the most out of the days left. Good tool and the cats like chasing the laser dot.
Got a mixed load of about 700 bf cherry/maple for this winter's projects. Tuned up the bandsaw and put on a nice fresh Woodslicer for resawing.
Fixed the roof leaks on the shop - for now.
Bring it on.
Regards,