Is Autumm Here?

I was working outside on those steps today. Bright sunny day, some wind blowing and chill in the air. Due to some large maple trees in the area, I was being blasted by maple "helicopters". All my work kept getting them all over. They kept geting under the sander. Even my hair gets full of them. Any fantasy I have of finishing the steps outside will not work. I have have to clean a spot in somebody elses garage to finish them. All compliments of a feverishly producing maple tree.

Reply to
Lee Michaels

Maple helicopters? They're normally a spring thing.

Reply to
krw

====================

Yeah, I know. But the leaves are falling off and the old dried up helicopters are falling off too. And since it was windy, they blew all over the place.

Reply to
Lee Michaels

"Lee Michaels" wrote in news:00275478$0$24440$ snipped-for-privacy@news.astraweb.com:

We are being bombarded by acorn. Heavy ones. They dent cars!!

Reply to
Han

-------------------------------------------------- Come back in two weeks, but then again, you may face other problems.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Squirrels are trying to tell us something ... they're bombing the crap out of me with green pecans. I move, they move ... deadly accurate little bastards, and they know it's too early for squirrel gumbo!

Reply to
Swingman

RE: Subject

Yes.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

NOT! Season opened October 1!

Dave in Houston

Reply to
Dave in Houston

No ......... it's Spring

: )

Reply to
litteratuer

Ayup, it's fall. California is on fire as has been its wont in recent years. Nowhere near my house for a change. sigh, jo4hn

Reply to
jo4hn

In the old days ... the real old days, in school, didn't they teach squirrel shooting, how to skin them and make gumbo and mittens?

Ahh, them good old days, when a modern stove was a duel fuel model - an Enterprise - running on wood and oil If a rabbit bothered your garden, it was considered proper to shoot it....

My how times have changed.

Reply to
Matt

As this is being written, a 6,000 acre blaze is headed for Wrightwood, CA, a small town NE of L/A, with sking in the winter.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Don't know if Autumn is here there, but it seems that we have bypassed it here. A couple days ago it was 90f, today we had an inch and a half of snow.

Tim Douglass

Tim Douglass

Tim Douglass wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

How was that transition? My mother's been complaining about the transition from warm to cool, and wishing it'd just go from being Summer to Winter.

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

Yeah. Got the first drum of kerosene in for the shop heat ($2.59 per gallon).

Finishing up the exterior painting before it gets too cold. Got an infrared thermometer to help squeeze the most out of the days left. Good tool and the cats like chasing the laser dot.

Got a mixed load of about 700 bf cherry/maple for this winter's projects. Tuned up the bandsaw and put on a nice fresh Woodslicer for resawing.

Fixed the roof leaks on the shop - for now.

Bring it on.

Regards,

Tom Watson

Tom Watson

Nothing like waking up to a heavy snowstorm and having to shovel all the sidewalks around the church 3 times during the morning. Today it is gorgeous and clear, but only about 55. Overnight it was in the low

20's. After almost 8 years here I'm getting used to the weird weather transitions, but it is still a bit of a jar.

Tim Douglass

laptop knows me too well - it just announced "your battery is low!"

Reply to
Tim Douglass

I knew there was a reason I moved from Vermont to Alabama, other than taxes and leftists. Remind me, what is a "snowstorm"?

Well pick it up!

Reply to
keithw86