IPE source in Wisconsin

Greetings.
I am planning on building a deck this summer out of Ipe. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find a local source for the wood. I live in the Milwaukee-Waukesha area, and if anyone could clue me in on who carries it, I would appreciate it.
Dale.
Have you checked with the local companies that build decks?

Dale: Valley USA 42nd and Forest Home 414-281-8721
Bob Schmall

Try these guys in Waukesha
http://www.boehm-madisen.com /
Shrumishi wrote:

If I'm not mistaken Ironwood Holdings (of Milwaukee) is the (or one of the) sole importer(s) for ipe. You might want to track them down via the telephone and see if they sell retail or who they distribute to.
UA100
P.S. Boehm only sells wholesale/commercial.
On 16 Feb 2004 09:19:22 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Shrumishi) brought forth from the murky depths:

http://www.taunton.com/store/fwarchive/fwarch_aindex.asp?searchChar=R The article is available for sale online, Dale.
--
Impeach 'em ALL!
I called Boehm-Madisen and they actually recommended Neu's Supply Line in Germantown. They wound up having a fairly good selection and 5/4 x 6 x 12' is only $24. $2 per lf is the best I've seen.
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Shrumishi) wrote in message

Try: Woodworkers Supply 1013 Jonathon Dr. Madison, Wi 608-273-4418
Shrumishi wrote:

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com says...

Worzella lumber. Ask for Charlie. Great service, selection, and price. No, I don't work there, but I did get my deck materials (including the ipe and eb-tys) from them.
--
Regards,

Rick

(Remove the HIGH SPOTS for e-mail)
On Thu, 19 Feb 2004 05:10:59 GMT, Rick Chamberlain

I'd forgotten about them until you posted this. The last time I went there they were still in that series of barns a couple of miles east of their present location. At the time, I bought several planks of 12/4 maple that came from a large stack they had in yet another place.
Where abouts are you located Rick?
snipped-for-privacy@removethis.wi.rr.com says...

Worzella now stores the ipe in sheds directly behind the main office. You have to go through the gates to get there. Last time I was there for ipe was last summer, and they had a pretty good selection, including 4x4s.
I'm in New Berlin - not far from Worzella actually. I just wish they carried untreated SYP.
BTW, what price did you get on the maple? How did it compare to Kettle Moraine?
--
Regards,

Rick

(Remove the HIGH SPOTS for e-mail)
On Thu, 19 Feb 2004 17:46:02 GMT, Rick Chamberlain

I don't remember the price paid. It's been a long time. I think the planks of really thick hard maple I've gotten from Kettle Moraine are better, but this is colored by opening up one of those thick Worzella planks and finding a big 'ol bark pocket in the center. Otherwise, pretty much the same.
Thing is, Kettle Moraine is along the way home. It's hardly any effort to go there. I notice that they're selling quite a bit of exotics now. Not that I'll be making a bed out of Bolivian Rosewood.
And I really like KM's thickness sander. No setup charge and only a buck a minute.