Interesting new plane from Lee Valley

the first in your neighborhood to own one and tell us how well it works.

Bob

Reply to
BillyBob

This is a really interesting plane, I read about it in the new cataloge on my Friday Lee Valley trip.

Before the scrub plane was released one of the sales guys at the store mentioned that there was ajointer in the works... But said nothing about the bevel up.

It looks cool though. My next project is to build a proper workbench... something like this could be very handy... I wonder if I can convince the wife...

Reply to
Buster

If you don't have a jointer plane already, you have to get one. Its a life or death situation. I bought an old maple workbench that had a slight hump in the surface due to some spilled varnish that had not be cleaned. I finally got up the gutst to sharpen my jointer and have at it. The benchtop was flat within 5 minutes. I could not have done this with any other means as easily and accurately.

I see the auxilary fence attaches with screws, instead of magnets like the other fence in their catalog. This is a major improvement.

Any idea what the auxilary toothed blade is for?

Bob

Reply to
BillyBob

Same as any toothed plane iron, for work with weird grain. A few passes for straight, one or two for smooth with a regular iron.

Reply to
George

Naw... it's for making bat houses. Gives them something to grab on to with their little feet ;-)

Reply to
Archangel

Bats got feet? I thought they were paws.

Reply to
TomL