Inside curve sanding - what do you use?

Page 2 of 2

If space is a premium, like it is more most of us, consider the PC 121 Handheld OSS. Then mount it in your router table.
Very nice, useful.
Myx
Hey, Myx, thanks, I'll do a little investigating on that one. I usually like PC tools; I have at least 6 or so of them...
dave
Myxylplyk wrote:

That's a nice solution, but it runs about $250 in addition to the cost of the plate you'll need for the router table. The plates are in the $50 neighborhood from Rockler.
I know you're picky about tools, but do consider the Ryobi OSS. It does the job very effectively.
Brian.

Handheld OSS.

Brian, not to worry; once I checked the price on the PC solution, I removed it from my short list...
dave
Brian wrote:

Ryobi $99 OSS. Only Ryobi tool I own and so far (8 months later) a great investment. Sees frequent use. Have also used it for outside curves - pop on the 3" drum and proceed slowly.
do you ever try to learn by doing ?
Anyway, I use sandpaper. probably we all do.
LOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOL

I started out using a Port-A-Line in my hand drill, with a sanding drum. Now I use my drill press. It works, although not as well as an OSS. I also make custom curved sanding blocks (often made from scraps left behind) for hand sanding with finer grits.