Inquiry on Texas Timber Framing Seminar

Reply to
nospambob

Here is a quick note to any and all interested in joining an advid group of woodworkers (timber framers) for a week long seminar in East Texas to be held the 09/21-09/25/04. If you are interested in learning more about this ancient craft please respond here and or contact me direct.

I have no direct or indirect financial interest in this seminar. I am graciously providing a site for the school to host this seminar. The instructor is a nationally known timber framer, Jim Rogers, who teaches and builds timber frames in the Mass. area. This is a once in a blue moon opportunity and class size is limited.

Reply to
Joey Lowe

Will this be Timber Framer's Guild sponsored event? Is Jim a Guild instructor? Where in East Texas? Square Rule or squared timbers? Power tools or hand tools? What are you building? How much does it cost?

Reply to
My Old Tools

Hi Ross:

Jim is a member in good standing with the Timber Framer's Guild and is based out of Georgetown, Mass.. This seminar is not sponsered by the Guild yet, but we are working towards that for future seminars. This is the first seminar of it's kind to be held at this area.

Square Rule joinery will be taught with an emphasis on hand tools. There will be power tools available if needed. The cost is $250.00 and the class size is limited to 10 and it is filling up fast. We are building a 20' x

60' gable roof shop, so there will be a lot of emphasis on joinery and there will be alot of opportunity to cut those joints. For complete details, drop me a note at snipped-for-privacy@loweco.com. I'll be glad to send you all of the details and a registration form.
Reply to
Joey Lowe