If you own the Rockler dovetail jig, please read this posting

I am making some drawers from 1/2" baltic birch plywood. I am doing half blind dovetails. In setting up the jig, the last step is to set the fence the proper distance from the edge of the router base so that you plow the proper depth slots for the pins. In the case of my particular router, that distance would be 3 5/8". However, the slots were too deep and I ended up backing off 3/32" to get the pins at a perfect depth in the slots. Obviously this isn't a crisis as the end product looks great but I am really puzzled about why the fence distance was off. I checked all my measurements many times in computing the 3 5/8" so it is making me a little crazy. If anyone can shed any light on this, it would ease my mind even though the end result of my project looks fine anyway.

TIA.

Dick Snyder

Reply to
Dick Snyder

Why not call Rockler tech support?

Reply to
Will

Reply to
Dick Snyder

Where are you measuring from to get the 3 5/8"? Did you take into account the offset from the template guide bushing?

Mike

Reply to
Mike