I think this is a gloat...

I just won an eBay auction for a Stanley #45 plane, complete with the original box and about 15 cutters. The plane looks in really good shape...well, heck, here's the link to the auction:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item249089420
From what I could tell, #45's run significantly higher than this, so I'm thinking it's a gloat. Am I right, or wrong?
Jim
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (PC Gameplayer) writes:

It's definitely not the original box. Don't see the short rods, the slitting cutter or the D-Cam.
Still, not a bad deal. The seller was a bit confused however, as one doesn't typically use this beast for dado's.
scott

To the gloat purists, this is not a gloat. By their definition, you have to come across a deal that is not readily available to anyone else (like the guy who helped himself to the walnut in his neighbor's garage). This is, however, a neener. All that really matters is that you're happy.
todd
The last one I saw which had all the cutters and a box but not great looking - the price was a firm $450 and no bickering. So I guess you have a gloat there.
Bob S.

Hey Vato, you went and bought an ice skate!
As long as he is happy, what the heck?
On Tue, 28 Oct 2003 08:25:07 -0700, "juan fandango"

I picked up a #45 at the Austin City Garage Sale a few years ago - with 20 cutters in their box, missing the short rods and the cam foot, for about $100 US. After cleaning it up and sharpening the cutters it's been sitting on a shelf since. One of these days, when I can find some nice uniform grained stock to play with ...
I've seen new versions, from Record, I think that runs $600+.
So $67 ain't a bad deal at all. Congrats - you suck!
charlie b