I need some more help, advice

Page 2 of 2
On Tuesday, August 12, 2014 10:56:40 PM UTC-5, Lew Hodgett wrote:

it another year before continuing this conversation. Lew
When I cut the slabs, the checked one was stable, no flexing along the chec k line, so I assumed it may stay that way. The leg unit appeared to be pre tty solid, stable. My post, a few months ago, was about whether to cut ou t the check or fill it, since it was unsightly, only, not that it was struc turally unsound.
The flexing issue didn't develope until recently, during the fitting proces s of the trestle board. Now that the flexing issue has developed, I'm havi ng to rethink my approach for the fitting of the trestle board, without cre ating more "damage". I just need a temp fix, to complete the trestle boar d fitting. The permanent fix and finishing, of both legs, will be done in a few years.
Thanks Lew. Your advise has been really helpful. This epoxy knowledge is definitely an asset. I'm encouraged and anxious to see & test the results o f my samples.