I'll miss you Farrah

Page 2 of 2
"Jack Stein" wrote:

Can certainly relate.
Ever thought about sitting in for Andy Rooney some week end?
Lew

That wasn't Farrah Fawcett, but Gunilla Hutton.
2.5 yikes, in any case!
I'm certain that there were many shaving cream commercials, but I think the former post refers to this one. (And, I agree "two yikes and a half)
http://www.ew.com/ew/gallery/0,,20276298,00.html
Glen
Elrond Hubbard wrote:

It was in fact Farrah.
-Zz

Farrah did indeed make a Noxema ad with Joe Namath, in 1973. But the "take it off... take it all off ad" was Gunilla Hutton in 1965, years before Farrah Fawcett could do justice to a bikini, I'll wager.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNtddMTxmLw

FF was born in 1947, and so would have been 18 in 1965.
snipped-for-privacy@milmac.com (Doug Miller) wrote in

Not only would she have been 18 in 1965, she was, ye tiresome pedant.

Speaking of tiresome pedants.... the point was that most 18-year-olds are amply able to "do justice to a bikini".
On Jun 26, 2:07pm, snipped-for-privacy@milmac.com (Doug Miller) wrote:
ll.interested> wrote:

*face-palm*
snipped-for-privacy@milmac.com (Doug Miller) wrote in

The original point was that Farrah Fawcett was not the hottie in the Noxema "take it off" ads. The bikini business was to indicate her relative youthfulness in 1965. Your pointing out her actual age when the original ads were made is pedantry.
I'll leave it to anyone who gives a rat's ass to decide how tiresome the whole thing is at this point.

Yeah, that poster has become a real icon.