"I found out how to do this on the Internet"

I couldn't believe my ears when I heard Norm say this on today's butterfly table episode. He was drarwing an ellipse with a clamp n tool and a piece of plywood at 90 degrees.

Reply to
AL

I saw that. I use a string loop, two focus points, and a pencil.

Reply to
Phisherman

I always go to the Internet for ovals here is a site that does it for ya

Reply to
George M. Kazaka

How many other people, upon seeing the subject of this thread, thought it was another one of those send $5 5 places and get millions back spam? Not dinging the original poster here, it just aggravates me when my cynical nature gets in the way of being hospitable.

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

Count me in. You can't get much more cynical than I. Ed

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

in article vI4Mb.8069$s% snipped-for-privacy@newssvr16.news.prodigy.com, Edwin Pawlowski at snipped-for-privacy@snet.net wrote on 1/10/04 8:56 PM:

I did, Figured it was either a fast way to make money add, or something involving less clothes.

Reply to
Reyd Dorakeen

That's an interesting challenge. How can I prove I'm more cynical than you are?

Reply to
Silvan

Possibly interestingly, my first thought was that it would be a story of someone doing something really stupid, proudly demoing how they can, oh, I don't know - clean a toilet with ammonia and battery acid or something. ;-)

Cheers! Rich

(To demunge email, elide ard.)

Reply to
Rich Grise

I'm so cynical I don't believe a work I say. OK, top that! Ed snipped-for-privacy@snet.net

Edwin Pawlowski

Well, for one, by not reading or responding to this thread because the truly cynical would have thought it was spam and simply skipped over it and all the reponses since (Damn, I guess I am not a cynical as I thought I was).

Dave Hall

Reply to
David Hall

"a work you say" ? damn, that's cynical....

Reply to
Bridger

Told you. I don't even trust my spell check when it should have been a "d" instead of a "k". Ed

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

I'll bet you don't even believe that.

Reply to
Everett M. Greene

I don't think you can. :-)

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

....and you looked just in case it was the latter?

Reply to
TexasFireGuy

"I'm so cynical I don't say a word I believe." (posted _above_ Ed's remark just _to_ 'top' it, as requested. *snicker*)

Reply to
Robert Bonomi

I don't think you can :-)

Reply to
Chris

If you havent noticed, I've been amusing myself posting replies to obvious viruses stupid ads for stuff scams

in article tVBMb.2$ snipped-for-privacy@be1.texas.rr.com, TexasFireGuy at snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote on 1/12/04 10:43 AM:

Reply to
Reyd Dorakeen