"I found out how to do this on the Internet"

I couldn't believe my ears when I heard Norm say this on today's butterfly table episode. He was drarwing an ellipse with a clamp n tool and a piece of plywood at 90 degrees.

I saw that. I use a string loop, two focus points, and a pencil.
I always go to the Internet for ovals here is a site that does it for ya
http://www.anvilfire.com/21centbs/math/ovals.htm

How many other people, upon seeing the subject of this thread, thought it was another one of those send $5 5 places and get millions back spam? Not dinging the original poster here, it just aggravates me when my cynical nature gets in the way of being hospitable.

Count me in. You can't get much more cynical than I. Ed
in article vI4Mb.8069$s% snipped-for-privacy@newssvr16.news.prodigy.com, Edwin Pawlowski at snipped-for-privacy@snet.net wrote on 1/10/04 8:56 PM:

involving less clothes.
wrote in message >

....and you looked just in case it was the latter?
If you havent noticed, I've been amusing myself posting replies to obvious viruses stupid ads for stuff scams
in article tVBMb.2$ snipped-for-privacy@be1.texas.rr.com, TexasFireGuy at snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote on 1/12/04 10:43 AM:

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

That's an interesting challenge. How can I prove I'm more cynical than you are?

I'm so cynical I don't believe a work I say. OK, top that! Ed snipped-for-privacy@snet.net http://pages.cthome.net/edhome

"a work you say" ? damn, that's cynical....

Told you. I don't even trust my spell check when it should have been a "d" instead of a "k". Ed

I'll bet you don't even believe that.

"I'm so cynical I don't say a word I believe." (posted _above_ Ed's remark just _to_ 'top' it, as requested. *snicker*)

Well, for one, by not reading or responding to this thread because the truly cynical would have thought it was spam and simply skipped over it and all the reponses since (Damn, I guess I am not a cynical as I thought I was).
Dave Hall
snipped-for-privacy@users.sourceforge.net says...

I don't think you can. :-)

I don't think you can :-)
Possibly interestingly, my first thought was that it would be a story of someone doing something really stupid, proudly demoing how they can, oh, I don't know - clean a toilet with ammonia and battery acid or something. ;-)
Cheers! Rich
(To demunge email, elide ard.)