I finally found a good use for old CD's.

On 1/1/2006 1:32 PM Odinn mumbled something about the following:

I'll give you a hint though. The warning isn't because of damage to the magnatron.

Reply to
Odinn

I have an old huge Panasonic convection microwave that is still my #1 kitchen appliance. Because it is also convection this thing has accidentally microwaved tons of metal. I even miked a 10 stack of CDs at once, now that was a show. It works as well now as it did new nearly 20 years ago.

Reply to
Broady

I haven't tried a stack of 10 at a time, but I'm sure it would be quite a show.

Have you tried the grape plasma arc yet?

show, especially if you have the lights off in the house.

Reply to
Odinn

Try a marshmallow -- it'll swell up almost as large as a tennis ball. If you have a microwave with variable power levels, the marshmallow will expand and shrink, expand and shrink as the magnetron cycles on and off.

Reply to
Doug Miller