how many tape measures in your shop

Page 3 of 4

I've been looking at five in the rear view mirror for a verry long time. I don't even know how many taper measures are in the shop, but if I count the ones in the shop, garage, wife's work room, and my service trucks and could find them all the count might be an order of magnitude more than five.
On Sat, 23 Apr 2016 15:01:36 -0700

i only counted the ones in the shop there are more around somewhere
i have a real old and fragile one that i got as a hand me down from someone but do not recall who it is a narrow tape and maybe 10 footer
On Sun, 24 Apr 2016 10:35:56 -0700, Electric Comet

I have one more than I had Friday. One I lent to my eldest daughter came back home.
On 4/24/2016 4:18 PM, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

Reminds me of the contest at the Liars Club. Each member got up and told an elaborate story. Some were truly believable. Last guy got up and said, "I have an adult child and a flashlight and they both work".

Thankfully both of my girls work. Both have pretty responsible positions - doing well for themselves
On Sunday, April 24, 2016 at 8:18:07 PM UTC-4, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

All 4 kids work. 2 of them are doing it in the spare time they have while pursuing a Masters Degree. 1 of those will be graduating with a dual Masters in May. She's worked within her chosen career field since her first semester at her undergrad school.
I'm a proud poppa.
On 4/25/2016 8:44 AM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

Yeah, but what about the flashlights?
On Monday, April 25, 2016 at 10:09:05 AM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

They all have flashlights. They are on their own for batteries. At some point they need to take some responsibility for their own lives. I can't carry them forever.

Safe to say they are not quite as bright as the kids - - -
On Monday, April 25, 2016 at 12:55:13 PM UTC-4, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

tape measures or flashlights? :) I have seen some pretty bright freebies :)
On Monday, April 25, 2016 at 1:21:53 PM UTC-4, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

http://leedspromoproducts.com/upload/images/modules/leeds/gallery/dev/143/1430-44YW_A-1.jpg
On Mon, 25 Apr 2016 10:21:48 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Bright kids with 2 masters degrees hopefully more usefull than the free flashlight.
On Monday, April 25, 2016 at 5:09:39 PM UTC-4, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

Time will tell...time will tell.
On Mon, 25 Apr 2016 10:21:48 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

I don't know about yours but my kid was NOT free. ;-)
On Monday, April 25, 2016 at 7:03:40 PM UTC-4, krw wrote:

true dat :)
On Mon, 25 Apr 2016 17:49:08 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Nor was either of the Master's degrees. My one daughter is just finishing her first - while working. Thankfully no crippling student loans left.
On Monday, April 25, 2016 at 10:18:50 PM UTC-4, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

I was talking to my soon-to-graduate daughter this weekend. She mentioned that her laptop is dying...hopes it lasts the 3 weeks she has left in school.
She said that the first purchase she plans to make as soon as she gets a job is new laptop. She gave me the specs, the price, even the exact model.
I wonder...was that a hint? ;-)
On Tue, 26 Apr 2016 12:59:30 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03

Probably not. She didn't send you a link to her Amazon wish list. ;-)
On Tuesday, April 26, 2016 at 6:43:34 PM UTC-4, krw wrote:

I hope it was a hint. I ordered it this afternoon.

I have two adult sons, both working -- one as a technical writer (and raising a family besides), the other as a lawyer.