How many clamps?

None. Shoot some brads to "hold it in place while the glue dries..."

Reply to
dpb

With a pipe coupling and a piece of threaded pipe you can make your pipe clamps any length you want.

Reply to
dadiOH

Yup. Some of the ones I used were of exactly that sort. And I might have gone out for another length of pipe and a coupler, had I not already applied the glue.

Reply to
Greg Guarino

------------------------------------------------------- "-MIKE-" wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------------- The "Tongue and Groove" technique minimizes this problem.

Start by measuring the thickness of the plywood using a dial caliper.

Plane the wood equal to the thickness of the plywood + 0.020".

Center cut the "tongue" and "groove" cuts on the respective parts.

Glue the assembly together.

The result will be a joint that leaves the solid wood 0,010" proud on both top and bottom surfaces, well within the scope of a scraper for final finish.

The scraper can easily be positioned to clear the plywood surface.

Just another way to skin a cat,

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

It is another way and I realize the strength of that joint. But by the time I measure and cut the tongue and grooves with the set-up involved, I can have them glued on and trimmed with the flush bit. (glue drying time being subtracted from both equations.)

Reply to
-MIKE-