How do "you" mount aux. fence to Biesemeyer, or clone? Will this work?

I am looking for different ways to mount aux. fences,jigs, fetherboards, etc, to a Biesemeyer style fence. Has anyone done this, and what might be the downside of doing this? I thought of mounting a "T" track (Rockler sale, 4' + 8 knobs and bolts, $12.99) in a dado, cut in a 3/4 piece of quality plywood, and mounting it on top of the fence. This would let me attach accessories easily, and still allow sliding, jigs, push blocks, etc, along the fence. (stradeling the fence) Please post how you have solved this problem. Thanks

Reply to
sailor

Build a double sided fence that will totally surround the rip fence and just set it down over the top of the fence.

Reply to
Leon

I posted a picture of my simple but effective aux fence on abpw. I only takes two treaded inserts inserted into the fence to hold it on.

Make sure you drill the hoe large enough for the inserts or the insert will swell the wood and leave a bulge around the insert. I cut the hole a little large and used epoxy.

The fence is made of 3/4" cabinet ply with formica surface. I helps if you use a piece of ply with a small bow in it. Mount it with the bow towards the fence and it straightens as you tighten the flat head screws.

Notice the small backing board behind the 'T' track for support.

Tom H

I've done that, but it wouldn't allow me to easily use a hold down featherboard on the fence, or allow me to slide the fence forward or back. I just came in from the shop, where I ripped a piece of wood to fit snug between the fence faces on top of the fence. Ran a 3/4" w x 1/2" d dado down the middle. Pressed the track into it, and held it down, and tried a quick aux fence on it. It worked great. It only sits about 1/4" above the faces. Really fast to set up. No getting clamps out etc.

Soooo, I'll wait a bit to see if anyone with more wisdom than me, can tell me why not to do it, or a better solution. I think they should build the fence this way from the git go. Thanks

Reply to
sailor

I used RIVNUT's in the top of the fence. It allows me to attach many types of fixtures, fences, jigs and other attachments. I'll post some pictures later.

Dave

Teamcasa

Depends on the style of Bies clone.

The ones from Jet are (I think) made by HTC, and have a quick remove feature - tap it with a mallet. One end removes it, the other puts it back on.

The clips you need are

put a T-track on my primary fence.

Reply to
Bruce Barnett