How do you

How do you store your jigsaw blades? Draw? Fishing tackle box or ?

Reply to
Smoley

errrrrrrrrr that would be drawer

Reply to
Smoley

My shop is in an unheated garage/workshop. So I like to keep all my different blades as open as possible so that they are not contained any more than necessary. In order to ward off rust if stored for a long time. My jigsaw blades go in a wooden box that is too big for them but is nice so that you can see them. Once in a while I spray the insides with WD-40. Ken, makin dust in NS

Reply to
ken

I like one of those little organizers like they sell nail and screw assortments in, with the plastic drawers. I put labels on the drawers and keep router bits, jig saw blades, driver bits and those other little things that cost a lot and get lost easily. I have one fastened to the wall so I won't knock it over.

Reply to
Gfretwell

I built a 100 square foot shrine for my expansive set of rare jigsaw blades. Carved ivory Corinthian columns adorn the main entrance...heat and motion sensors surround the velvet-pillowed display cases, the air is kept at a constant 72 degrees F, humidity at 18 percent. All of the displays sit atop earthquake resistant reinforced concrete with seismic activity monitored 24/7 by No Peril IS Too Slight to Ignore Inc. In the event of...well, an EVENT, the entire lead shielded room is designed to detonate with the force of 1000 Jamba Juice blenders, thereby preventing MY sawblades from falling into uncaring, strange hands. I believe in BEING PREPARED!!

dave

Smoley wrote:

Reply to
Bay Area Dave

What have you been sniffing? In to the epoxy again?

Reply to
Nut Tree

Nah, I'm too cheap to use that stuff. It musta been the Titebond II...

dave

Nut Tree wrote:

Reply to
Bay Area Dave

I almost forgot: If you can't laugh WITH me, than go ahead and laugh AT me. Either way I'll get you to laugh. Go ahead, it won't kill ya! If you still don't think it's funny, have a few beers and try it again. Damn! this is a TOUGH room!

dave

Nut Tree wrote:

Reply to
Bay Area Dave

My Bosch jigsaw came with a case that has a compartment in it to store the blades. I have about 20 in there now.

Erik Ahrens Apprentice Termite

Reply to
ELAhrens

I've got several of those plastic film containers nailed to a tubafore and the blades are in them. Those little containers are handy for all sorts of stuff. A 3" piece of PVC siliconed or hot glued into one holds scroll saw blades quite nicely too.

Smoley wrote:

Reply to
Grandpa

Smoley asks:

Friend of mine has a neat way. He cuts 4" lengths of 3/4" or 1" plastic pipe, caps one end, cuts a vision slot on one side, and then drives a brass or aluminum screw into the wall (drills a pilot hole first, then pokes the driver through the already cut vision slot). He also marks them with a Sharpie as to type. Simple to modify, neat, keeps the blades from rattling around anywhere, and keeps them right at hand.

Charlie Self

"The income tax has made liars out of more Americans than golf." Will Rogers

Reply to
Charlie Self

Whoops. My answer was for scroll saw blades. It will work for jigsaw blades, too, but don't cut the blinking pipe as long.

Charlie Self

"The income tax has made liars out of more Americans than golf." Will Rogers

Reply to
Charlie Self

I put them in the top tray of my Sears rolling plastic tool box in the van. Sometimes I forget to put the tray back in the box and it spills out when I go over the railroad tracks. They're in there somewhere...

Reply to
BUB 209

Wife takes blood pressure medication, and requests the tall pill containers at the pharmacy. I drop a tapered divider in for two, tapered and glued for three or four compartments. Then, depending on your desire, you can stuff 'em into any hole they won't fall through in a shelf, through a plywood front parallel to the wall etc.

Reply to
George

Reply to
Joe Gorman

Joe, you must have forgotten, I never use no stinkin' plans!!

dave

Joe Gorman wrote:

Reply to
Bay Area Dave

Bay Area Dave wrote in news:BRIib.17$Ea3.6834310 @newssvr21.news.prodigy.com:

Pure genius! Thanks for the great laugh!

CyBrShRk

Reply to
CyBrShRk

my pleasure!