How do I get a pickeled effect on Mdf?

I have a cabinate made of MDF with a maple face frame. I would like to 'pickle' it. I've read lots on the various stains that people use on natural wood, but how do you get the same effect on MDF?
Cheers
dc
if you want any wood grain to show through the white wash, you'll have to faux-grain it first. the "pickle" is just thinned paint.
I have used the Minwax Pastels Winter White quite a lot on Oak for that 80's white washed look that was so popular. It is an Oil based product which is probably better than water based for MDF. It works great on Oak. You can control how white things look by how much you wipe off. It really does just seem like watered down white, oil based paint. I find it real easy to work with.