Hot melt glue gun of high quality

Have been using a cheap corded hot melt gun to attach templates for router work the last couple of months. The hot melt works better than cold melt because you get a few more precious seconds to glue the parameter and position the template. However, the cord is ALWAYS in the way of moving quickly.
Anyone with experience on a high quality cordless hot melt gun?
Thanks Alan
I have never seen one... and hot melts tend to be high wattage units that might suck a battery dry in a matter of a couple of minutes and that would lead to premature battery failure IMHO.

Weller and Bostik (among others) make propane-powered cordless glue guns. They cost about $40-$50.
Ohhhh...

that
would

I have an old Craftsman glue gun that you plug in for a while until nice & hot then the cord unplugs from the gun and works for quite a while before needing plugged back in for reheating. Not really cordless, but it gets the cord out of the way while using. No idea if this meets the OP's needs or if they are still sold or even if all glue guns are this way. I seldom use the thing.
Dave Hall
On 31 Jan 2004 23:40:32 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@cs.com (David Hall) wrote:

Howdy,
I would wonder if it works properly for "quite a while."
I suspect that the glue is to be used at a particular temperature, and clearly, the moment you would unplug the thing it would start to cool.
Of course I am not suggesting that it cools to a point that it cannot be used, but it certainly is a possibility that the joints would not be as strong.
All the best,
--
Kenneth

the use was for attaching templates that would be removed after routing, a strong joint wasn't an issue.
--

http://users.adelphia.net/~kyhighland

"Kenneth" < snipped-for-privacy@SPAMLESSsoleassociates.com> wrote in message
Hi, I've got a similar glue gun, but it's not a Craftsman. Bought <5 years ago at a local craft shop. I think even 2 minutes would be stretching the time it keeps the glue at a good working temperature, but it would work fine to unplug and then immediately glue a template to a workpiece. Just plug it back in for a minute or two while you get the next template and workpiece ready, and you're good to go again. Oh, and it's a trigger model -- that's a must-have feature, you don't want the kind that makes you shove the glue stick in with your thumb. Lewis
(David Hall) wrote:

nice

http://shop.store.yahoo.com/tmt/gluegunby3m.html
I bought this when I first started doing Corian. It costs a lot of money but it has done a lot of work for a lot of years and runs just as good as the day I bought it.
There are many kinds of glue sticks available for this that are not available for hobby type guns.
hang the cord from the ceiling directly above your position.