Hot melt glue gun of high quality

Have been using a cheap corded hot melt gun to attach templates for router work the last couple of months. The hot melt works better than cold melt because you get a few more precious seconds to glue the parameter and position the template. However, the cord is ALWAYS in the way of moving quickly.

Anyone with experience on a high quality cordless hot melt gun?

Thanks Alan

Reply to
A Womack

I have never seen one... and hot melts tend to be high wattage units that might suck a battery dry in a matter of a couple of minutes and that would lead to premature battery failure IMHO.

Reply to
Leon

Weller and Bostik (among others) make propane-powered cordless glue guns. They cost about $40-$50.

Reply to
mp

Ohhhh...

Reply to
Leon

I have an old Craftsman glue gun that you plug in for a while until nice & hot then the cord unplugs from the gun and works for quite a while before needing plugged back in for reheating. Not really cordless, but it gets the cord out of the way while using. No idea if this meets the OP's needs or if they are still sold or even if all glue guns are this way. I seldom use the thing.

Dave Hall

Reply to
David Hall

Howdy,

I would wonder if it works properly for "quite a while."

I suspect that the glue is to be used at a particular temperature, and clearly, the moment you would unplug the thing it would start to cool.

Of course I am not suggesting that it cools to a point that it cannot be used, but it certainly is a possibility that the joints would not be as strong.

All the best,

Reply to
Kenneth

bought this when I first started doing Corian. It costs a lot of money but it has done a lot of work for a lot of years and runs just as good as the day I bought it.

There are many kinds of glue sticks available for this that are not available for hobby type guns.

Thomas J. Watson-Cabinetmaker (ret) Real Email is: tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet Website:

Tom Watson

hang the cord from the ceiling directly above your position.

Reply to
KYHighlander

the use was for attaching templates that would be removed after routing, a strong joint wasn't an issue.

Reply to
KYHighlander

Hi, I've got a similar glue gun, but it's not a Craftsman. Bought the use was for attaching templates that would be removed after routing, a

Reply to
Lewis