Hopping Kangaroo

Over on abpw I posted a link to a video of a hopping roo. I then offered to share a rough plan and a few tips on making one. It seems to have been quite popular so with the coming Christmas season I thought I'd share it with the wider rec audience.
The video is here:
http://mywebsite.bigpond.net.au/mercian/kangaroo.wmv
And the tips and plans are here:
http://mywebsite.bigpond.net.au/mercian/hoppingroo.htm
Enjoy
(Don't forget to post pics!)
Mekon
Mekon said:

Mekon, that was so cute, I had to build one.

OK, here ya go, mate. No worries. ;-)
http://webpages.charter.net/videodoctor/images/Kangaroo.jpg
Sad looking, but it works.
Greg G.
on 28/11/2007, Greg G supposed :

Funny how much of a buzz I am getting from seeing this be so popular.
I hope a lot of kids enjoy it. :)
Mekon
Despite those that say "No good deed goes unpunished!(and imply "unappreciated"), the reality is that good deeds always have some reward, expected or not, but the reward is often something that can't be "monetized" - but often priceless.

Warren Weber was thinking very hard :

Ain't gravity wonderful?
:)
Mekon

then it's NOT your friend..
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing
mac davis wrote:

Not your friend when you find a slippery spot on the roof, either.

--John