High chair plans

Granddaughter is just about ready for a high chair ... and I'm looking for plans. I see that Rockler has a set. Couldn't find anything else. Any of you wrekkers ever build one? I'm just looking for some ideas that will be the basis for what I build. TIA
Larry
"TD Driver" wrote:

Typically, chairs require a lot of jigs to build them.
Usually not worth it for a one off.
Don't know if high chairs fall into that category or not, but suspect they do.
Lew
Bacause of liability issues most commercial plan providers don't have high-chair, crib or cradle plans anymore, expecially cribs. The standards get updated about every year as new dangers are discovered.

Oh for crying out loud...
SonomaProducts.com wrote:

While this is partially true. Rockler still has both crib and HIGH CHAIR plans still available
Try www.rockler.com
Bill in Plano

As luck would have it this came into my email today
http://americanfurnituredsgn.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code D&Product_Code"8
Hope it helps
Larry C
Beat me to the punch!

Not saying it's right, just saying it's so.
I must say however that some old designs did have deadly characteristics. I'll leave off the gruesome details.

I know. I'm just envisioning the day when you won't even be able to BUY a high-chair or cradle. What company would want to bother manufacturing something saddled with so many requirements and with such a high risk of litigation?
SonomaProducts.com wrote:

Yep, I am slowly building towards launching a furniture kit business and I won't offer such things. Honestly it would crush me if somehow my work or designs hurt or killed someones child, let alone the fricking liability.