High Chair plans

I am looking for a unique high chair plan. I have my first granddaughter due in April, and some walnut that came from my grand fathers farm, making the chair the baby's great-great-grandfather's wood!

Most of the plans I have been able to find look heavy and blocky. Looking for something made of spindle legs. Maybe some possiblility of including some scroll saw work on the back.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Dennis

Reply to
news.isp.com

Sun, Nov 7, 2004, 9:29am snipped-for-privacy@isp.com (news.isp.com) claims: I am looking for a unique high chair plan. Most of the plans I have been able to find look heavy and blocky. Looking for something made of spindle legs. Maybe some possiblility of including some scroll saw work on the back. Any ideas would be appreciated.

unique. u=B7nique adj. Being the only one of its kind: the unique existing example of Donne's handwriting. Without an equal or equivalent; unparalleled.

One-of-a-kind plans? I'd say you're SOL. I've seen plans with spindle legs, but don't recall where. Google. Me, I'd get a plan I liked, and modify it.

JOAT Viet Nam, divorce, cancer. Been there, done that. Now, where the Hell are my T-shirts?

Reply to
J T

I think it's a great idea to link generations like that, and it will really mean something when the kid grows up and has his own. But I wonder if you shouldn't keep it simple: kids can make a real mess sitting in these things, as I'm sure you know, and it wojuld do the parents a fabor to make it as easy as possible to clean.

Reply to
GregP