Help please - which saw is better?

Page 2 of 2
I went with the Unisaw myself but I live in a pretty remote corner of Wisconsin and service was a factor, although after 6 years I have yet to need service. I do think if it's a matters for you the splitter/guard design on the Unisaw is superior to the Jet for setup as well as quick easy removal when it has to come off. I also think if you lift up the skirts on that Jet and have a look you will find the trunion design inferior to to the Delta... but hell I'm just an armchair engineer so thats not a really informed opinion...
EJ
3 things steared me to the Jet.
Backwards tilt (is it left or right? Depends on where you're standing!) availability: I wanted the dust to go out the correct side of the machine for my dust collection design.
When I touched the machines, the Unisaw had a lousy feel the the tilt and blade elevation wheels. The jet was smooth as silk. I *assume* that this is a not a function of sloppy showroom setup which is almost ubiquitous across brands. I could be all wet, but it left an impression
About $200.
In retrospect, it's still a coin flip.
-Steve
I also think if you lift up the skirts on that Jet

May be inferior but you hear and I have seen Delta trunions being broken more often than all others combined. I seriously doubt you could see the difference.
Would have to go with the General 650. Open the covers and you'd agree.

I have the Jet, in the package you describe. It's a terrific saw, and the router and router lift are excellent. Jet has fine tech support. So, from my prspective, go Jet.
And check local dealers. I bought mine locally, and they delivered it free, helped me set it up, etc. And making a major purchase from a local dealer can enhance your relationship with them, leading to deals down the road.
    -- Andy Barss