Help please - which saw is better?

3 things steared me to the Jet.

Backwards tilt (is it left or right? Depends on where you're standing!) availability: I wanted the dust to go out the correct side of the machine for my dust collection design.

When I touched the machines, the Unisaw had a lousy feel the the tilt and blade elevation wheels. The jet was smooth as silk. I *assume* that this is a not a function of sloppy showroom setup which is almost ubiquitous across brands. I could be all wet, but it left an impression

About $200.

In retrospect, it's still a coin flip.

-Steve

Reply to
Stephen M

I also think if you lift up the skirts on that Jet

May be inferior but you hear and I have seen Delta trunions being broken more often than all others combined. I seriously doubt you could see the difference.

Reply to
Leon

Would have to go with the General 650. Open the covers and you'd agree.

Reply to
MN Guy

What, no General?

Reply to
Larry Blanchard

I have the Jet, in the package you describe. It's a terrific saw, and the router and router lift are excellent. Jet has fine tech support. So, from my prspective, go Jet.

And check local dealers. I bought mine locally, and they delivered it free, helped me set it up, etc. And making a major purchase from a local dealer can enhance your relationship with them, leading to deals down the road.

-- Andy Barss

Reply to
Andrew Barss