Help - PC 16 Ga Finish Nailer Quit Firing

My PC nailer will not fire. It has only driven about 2 boxes of nails and was working fine the last time I used it. When I went to use it this time it would not fire. Compressor is up to normal pressure. All that is said in the trouble shooting section of the users manual is to add 5-6 drops of oil to the inlet or rebuild the unit. Can anyone tell me if they've run into this problem and if it can be fixed with a complete rebuild?

Reply to
jds

The only time mine wouldn't fire is when the gun jammed. Did ya check the driver to see if it will move? Mine has a latch in front of the gun, just open the cover and see what's keeping it from firing. --dave

Reply to
Dave Jackson

This can and does happen to all nail guns eventually. My Senco lasted 12 years before needing a $35.00 o-ring and seal overhaul.

Reply to
Leon

Checked to make sure nothing was jammed in unit. Manually raised nose guard higher and found the unit would fire. Looking at the pictures in the manual I saw that there appeared to be a rubber nose guard attached to the wire nose piece. Searched last place I had laid the gun down and sure enough -- there was my missing rubber nose guard. Reinstalled it and Voila!! everything works. Thanks for the help.

Reply to
jds