Help on staining and glue

If I stain a tenon or a tongue with stain only (no finish such as shellac or varnish) will that interfere with the glue bond making a weaker joint? In other words can I apply stain to my whole project and then assemble without problems? Or am I asking for trouble doing this? Thanks once again for the advice. Larry
--
I am a nobody, and no body is perfect therefore I am perfect

Stain is a sealer and it will interfere with wood glue. The strength of a joint has more to do with the joint itself rather than the glue. You can use masking tap to protect the tenon.
Thanks Phish Aren't we getting chummy?) BSEG

or
without
the