Help matching stain with existing cabinets

I am attempting to match up a custom built curved oak wall of an island to Kraftsmaid cabinets (wood = cherry). Cabinets are stained color "Peppercorn". My contractor stained the custom built wall twice with Dark Walnut (darkest stain we could find) and then put the poly on. It's still a bit lighter than the cabinet finish.
How do you think I could get it darker? Should I paint it?
http://www.kraftmaid.com/doorsfinishes/index.cfm?navigationid15X0&doorstyleid 5 To see the cabinet stain color, click on this link and select Finish "Peppercorn"

http://www.kraftmaid.com/doorsfinishes/index.cfm?navigationid15X0&doorstyleid 5
You want to match stained cherry so you built the wall out of oak. Talk about starting out in the hole.
Now that the poly is on it, you don't have a lot of choices. It would have to be stripped to re-stain. If you made the wall from the same wood, you could probably buy the "peppercorn" stain from Kraftmaid. You still can, but different woods have different characteristics.

When I built the cabinet doors for my SIL remodel I contacted KraftMaid to see if we could purchase the stain they used. Nope. Reason being, the cabinets are made and finished by others (off-shore) and they don't have anything except touch-up kits. We were able to take a door from their cabinet display and had the paint dept match the color. Must admit it was a perfect match but it was paint - not stain. SIL was happy - she got new doors and drawers and the color she wanted.....
Bob S.