Help

I know nothing about woodworking, so could someone give me some ideas for stocking stuffers for a carpenter friend? Thanks so much!
Joy W. wrote:

Help us help you...
General location? What kind of carpentry? How long a carpenter? Male or female? Approximate age? Is woodworking also a hobby?
--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

Gift card from one of many sources: http://www.leevalley.com/home.aspx
http://woodworker.com /
http://www.rockler.com /
http://www.woodcraft.com /
http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=home
http://www.homedepot.com
Max
"Joy W." wrote:

You can never have toooo...........o many clamps.
A bunch of 2" spring clamps are inexpensive and always useful.
Lew
Lew Hodgett wrote:

And one never has enough. I needed more yesterday so I made my own by sawing 3/4" wide rings off a piece of 1 1/2" PVC pipe and then cutting a slot in one side of the ring. Made about forty, already had about the same, had enough. If I need more I still have some PVC pipe...
--

dadiOH
On Sun, 16 Nov 2008 21:20:09 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Joy W.) wrote:

Feet work well...
It really depends on how long they've been in the business and if they also are hobbyists at home..
The longer they've been in the trade, the more stuff they already have.. same with if it's also a hobby..
A few safe things might be:
A nice stainless steel coffee cup or thermos Key chain screwdriver disk.. (on most hardware store counters) Warm/cool clothes or gloves, suitable for whatever climate that you're in..
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing