Heads Up - The Lumberyard

For those who might be interested, The Lumberyard is being show again on Modern Marvels on the History Channel. Check your local listings for confirmation.

Modern Marvels - The Lumberyard, HISTORY Feb 10 01:00pm Modern Marvels - The Lumberyard, HISTORY Feb 10 07:00pm

FWIW,

Greg G.

Reply to
Greg G

For those who saw it back on the 31st, how about those 50,000 year old logs from New Zealand. That was cool!

By the way, there's also a really good Modern Marvels about logging. I DVR'ed it last week and just watched it last night. Great companion to the lumberyard one.

Reply to
Josh

I bought a board of that wood, 8/4+, about 4 ft long.

It's pretty amazing wood, albeit pricey and not anymore pretty than today's woods. It works well, although there're a bit more silica deposits than I'm used too. I haven't finished it yet.

The distributer I bought it from was very cool, too.

Disclaimer: no affiliation; satisfied.

-Zz

Reply to
Zz Yzx