Has anyone used Old Masters water based poly?

I have had Old Masters water based poly recommended to me for its UV protection. Of course no clear finish can *stop* UV damage but this is supposed to be better than others. Has anyone tried it long enough ago to have a sense of how it protects against UV damage?

TIA.

Dick Snyder

Reply to
Dick Snyder

Anything that affords UV protection does so by filtering UV light. UV filters are light yellow. Water isn't light yellow, oil is.

Reply to
dadiOH

have not used their product.

According to their web site, the water based poly is for interior use. They do not mention UV absorbers in this product.

They do offer "Old Masters Spar Varnish" for suitable for exterior use. This appears to be oil based.

Reply to
Jim Weisgram

> I have not used their product.

My usage would be interior - I have mahogany window frames. The sills on the south facing side of the house really get bleached out. I looked at their website too but saw no reference either. The person who told me about the UV protection is a professional house (interior) painter friend but maybe they don't know what they are talking about.............

Reply to
Dick Snyder

Contact the manufacturer. I am sure they would be more than happy to steer you in the correct direction.

>>> I have not used their product.

Reply to
Leon