Hardwood Flooring

I have been bouncing back and forth the idea of adding hardwood flooring to my new house. I have checked many different distributors of hardwood flooring but I can't seem to find the right one. The one that I am most inclined to choose is Lumber Liquidators. I saw them on Extreme Makeover and what those floors did to that home was amazing. Has anyone had any good (or bad) experiences with Lumber Liquidators (www.lumberliquidators.com)?
Thanks,
Nick

Nick, A few days ago you posted that you had a good experience with LL. Now you are asking about them?
You were pleased with their superb quality a few days ago and now you are asking again? You wouldn't be shilling for them would you?
Yes, I am cynical, but this does not add up.
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

Seeing that a Google search show that Nick has only made two posts to rec.woodworking and both of them included a link to LL you are probably right.
--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

You're not off the mark. I was going to post a rant about how Nick needs a new schtick myself.
He's a spammer. He should go to prison.
Hi Nick,
Never used LL, but....
Buy 3/4 unfinished oak T&G strips.
Nail it down.
Sand, stain & poly it (3x coats).
Lot-o-work.
Can't go wrong no matter where you get it.
I'd look for the best deal/sq ft.
Lou

The crap I bought at Lumber Liquidators delaminated after 3 months. I'll never go back.

Probably because you are in some way associated with them?

TeeVee can make anything look good.

They are overpriced compared to local guys and the BORGs, and the Hartford store won't answer the phone.
For apples to apples compared hardwood flooring the Hartford store is $0.50 more sq/ft than the going rate.
Barry
They said the wood was in stock. Just drive up. Cleared out the big truck, drove up (1 hr.). No wood. "Boy someone musta just bought it all. We can get more in 3 days." Left 50% deposit.
It'll be here in two weeks. It'll be here in two weeks. It'll be here in two weeks. It'll be here in two weeks. It'll be here in two weeks. It'll be here in two weeks. It'll be here in two weeks. It'll be here in two weeks. It'll be here in two weeks. It'll be here in two weeks. It'll be here in two weeks. It'll be here in two weeks. It'll be here in two weeks. It'll be here in two weeks. It'll be here in two weeks. It'll be here in two weeks.
And so on.
Took 9 months.

The store near Berkeley, CA had the feel of that kind of place about it.
Do your research first. Settle on the type you want, then find out about the manufacturers that supply what you're looking for. Does the brand/type support your application(i.e. bathroom, kitchen etc...) Laminated and engineered flooring have rating systems, does that manufacture use the rating system (if not, why not)? When you have answered some of these questions, then choose a source to supply you with material, and then you can base your "where to buy" decision on that.
I agree that the best flooring would be solid TnG, nailed down, but this is expensive and hard work for a DIY.
Some alternatives could be http://www.floorshop.com , very reputable, and site has a lot of flooring information (not affiliated, just happy customer).

and
(or
Nick wrote:

Bought a bunch (700 sq.ft.?) of prefinished oak flooring for my new house. Picked it up myself and hauled it up the mountainside. The flooring seems to be lasting well and the price was right.     mahalo,     jo4hn
The should use a more appropriate name
Split, Scratch & Dent Liquidators
Flooring was absolute crap.
I have no experience with them but someone posted a few days ago that they had a good experience with them. Oh wait, that was you...