Hardwood edges arround veneered MDF/plywood)

I'd like to make some 3/4" doors using hardwood edges (probably red oak) arround a veneered MDF or plywood middle (glued solidly to the edges, not free floating as a raised panel).
How wide can the edges be before I run into seasonal problems?
--
9/11 was a premptive attack
On Mon, 6 Dec 2004 14:45:49 -0700, Drew Eckhardt wrote

I've seen David Marks do this on WWorks. His frame was about 3" if I remember right. Look on diy.com for info
-Bruce

You will always have "seasonal problems" if the RH varies. The question is one of degree. You can determine the limits by consulting the tables at http://www.fpl.fs.fed.us/tmu/publications.htm
This one includes good information on seasonal movement. http://www.fpl.fs.fed.us/documnts/pdf1999/cho99a.pdf
The way you overcome the problem is to plan for worst case and don't miter.
proposed a theory ......and in reply I say!:

alternative that I can see is some sort of flexible material in the mitre joint, and make the joint quite wide.