Hardware Sale at Menards

The Menards stores in my area have been getting rid of various bits of useful hardware. I got 100 #4x1" sheet metal screws for a quarter, about

50 lock washers for around $.50, and a few other things.

If you're in the store (it's certainly not worth a trip just for this), it's worth the 5 minutes to take a look.

One other tip: Woodcraft had DeWalt #2 Phillips bits for $2 for 25. These are great for drywall/general purpose Phillips screws (if you use that kind of screw). They work pretty well for many other Phillips screws as well.

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

What's a Menard? Thought it was some kind of duck.

Reply to
G.W. Ross

A farmer outside of Eau Claire Wisconsin who started a hardware store.

Son's a race car enthusiast.

scott

Reply to
Scott Lurndal

On 5/4/2012 5:39 AM, G.W. Ross wrote: ...

No, it's a REC. :)

The subject Menard's has evolved into another home improvement box store chain...

Reply to
dpb

On 5/4/2012 9:45 AM, Scott Lurndal wrote: ...

Actually, the store was a later evolution. It all started as building pole barns as a way for the founder to put himself through school.

He was building for farmers but whether he had a farm background himself or not I don't know...

--

Reply to
dpb

My father used to sell him seed corn. He was a farmer.

scott

Reply to
Scott Lurndal

On 5/4/2012 10:51 AM, Scott Lurndal wrote: ...

By his own history at the link at the company site, that must have been his father...it says he began building pole barns to put himself through school also working in a movie theatre.

Not to say his father/family weren't; clearly the idea to build the pole barns for the larger/growing dairies at the time must have come from some familiarity but it surely doesn't look/sound like he was actually farming then.

--

Reply to
dpb