HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

Hope all our carvers out there are doing a good job today.

Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Searcher1

Reply to
Searcher

same to you, have a good one...

BTW: do you suggest carving the turkey on the RAS or TS? (I don't have a band saw, which would be my first choice)

Reply to
mac davis

Naw, true Neanders carve their turkey by hand. I reccomend a 2" #3 (English pattern) gouge for roughing out and finish up with a #11 spoon bent gouge for the detail work.

Don't forget to strop frequently.

--RC Sleep? Isn't that a totally inadequate substitute for caffine?

Reply to
rcook5

that sounds way too kinky for me! I like the gouge and spoon thing, though..

My son's here from Ft. Lewis up in Wa. (we're in central Ca.) and wants to carve it with his m-16... we told him that it would probably be ok, but only outside.. *g*

Reply to
mac davis

On Thu, 25 Nov 2004 19:11:49 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@TAKEOUTmindspring.com calmly ranted:

No, no, no! A James Swan 3" slick is the main tool for breast work and taking those legs and wings off like they were nothing.

I prefer a 25mm #3 sweep myself. To each his own.

Good call.

-- SAVE THE PARROTS! Eschew the use of poly! ----------

Poly-free Website Development

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Reply to
Dave Jackson

Who carves? When the bird is properly done(our family specs), you don't carve it, just pull it off the bones. Much rather have one like this vs. a "picture perfect" bird that carves nicely but tastes not quite done.(IMHO)

Reply to
Norman D. Crow

"Dave Jackson" wrote in news:inxpd.2324$ snipped-for-privacy@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net:

The thought crossed my mind, as I was cutting butternut squash today. Ended up using a high carbon blade Chinese cleaver, on an UNOILED maple chopping block.

The crowd was fewer this year. There were only 22 of us. One daughter-in- law took their crew to her folks place, where her back-from-two-tours-in- Iraq brother, a Marine Lance Corporal, was thankfully safely home.

We have much for which to be grateful.

Patriarch

ps: Time for pie!

Reply to
patriarch

Including those like your daughter-in-law's brother who are willing to put themselves in harm's way for their country. A large salute to him and his fellow soldiers.

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

"patriarch snipped-for-privacy@nospam.comcastDOTnet" "Dave Jackson" wrote in

daughter-in-