Happy 100th birthday Bill Monroe

Living right.
Robatoy wrote the following:

I know the name, but I wasn't a country music fan back then, but I have been since cRap music took over.
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
On 9/12/2011 10:10 PM, willshak wrote:

"Bluegrass"
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010

I'd rather hear a 90-some year old mandolin player shred Molly and Tenbrooks than some teenager fresh off the streets utter a string of cuss words that he somehow thinks is novel and original.
On 9/12/2011 9:33 PM, Robatoy wrote:

Not for the last 15 years ...
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010

True.. he hasn't played live for a while now.... still alive in so many ways. I mean, to have an entire music category named after one man's band?
And when a bird sings a Beatle tune, and you can STILL hear Monroe? Astounding.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v125-KulrB4

WARNING!! Listening to this music may cause visions of anal sex and/or you may lose brain cells!
It's no wonder this group gives these responses.
"Robatoy" wrote in message

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v125-KulrB4

Guess you've experienced both these facts so you should know.
On 9/13/2011 8:19 AM, Robatoy wrote:

Hank Williams and Bill Monroe, 'one-of-kinds' who transcend all medium. Both were the epitome of "soul" before the concept was usurped.
You might also throw Bob Marley in there ...
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010

Isn't reggae Jamaican bluegrass? <G>
Puke!
"Robatoy" wrote in message
Isn't reggae Jamaican bluegrass? <G>

As much as I would like to continue having a conversation at the level you have established, I would instead prefer that you would go fuck yourself.

As much as I would like to continue having a conversation at the level you have established, I would instead prefer that you would go fuck yourself.
I like that and will be plagiarizing it! (With mods suitable for the pinhead requiring it)

How many bricks can a brick breaker break when a brick breaker breaks bricks?
On 9/12/2011 8:30 PM, Swingman wrote:

Wasn't disappointed. For the uninitiated or the devotees, I might recommend giving a listen to WAMU (Washington, DC) or at > http://bluegrasscountry.org /.
For several years I was flying to NASA HQ 2 or 3 times a month and WAMU was always a good listen on the drive from Dulles to Greenbelt MD.
    mahalo,     jo4hn
In article

Not since 1996... But a centenary worth celebrating!
Love the "high and lonesome sound"!
On Sep 13, 12:40pm, Dave Balderstone

And the story tellin' that comes along with it....
On 9/13/2011 11:47 AM, Robatoy wrote:

Ahh, the stories. I met Bill Monroe backstage a number times, and worked with some of his band mates, Charlie Cline and Kenny Baker in the studio.
Somewhere in my vast audio archives I've got some great, between takes, open mic banter with Charlie on tape (I always left the tape rolling the entire session, no matter what). He was always in a hurry to get home and his "C'mon boys, let's (get this done and) get back to Maggie Valley!" might have made it on a release about twenty years ago.
Can't believe all these guys are gone, Charlie, Kenny, Uncle Josh Graves, Vassar. SOB ... seems like just yesterday. I'm getting old ...
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010

Yeah, I'm dreading the day Doc Watson acsends. IMHO, the finest acoustic flatpicker ever.
-Zz
In article

You know it!
Been listening to The Steeldrivers lately... And The Forge Mountain Diggers... Delicious music.
And, of course, David Grisman....