Hanging cabinet doors w glass

I'm looking to build an oak hutch style wall cabinet with the hanging portion having glass inset doors framed with oak.
Any of you fellas have a preferred way of making the glass doors as far as setting the glass? Is a glue good enough or is another better?
I was thinking of making the door frames out of oak with a rabbit on the inside ad the glass glued to he back of the rabbit.
Thanks guys.
RonT

How will you feed him?

Silicone or a pice of 1/4 round tacked in.
Dave
Somebody wrote:

If you want your piece to look like a puttied window, use an adhesive like 3M-5200.
If you want your piece to look like a piece of furniture, use a wood trim strip like a piece of quarter round.
Much as I hate nails, not sure if you have an option to hold the quarter round in place.
HTH
Lew
TeamCasa wrote:

Take a look at the glass panel retainer that Rockler selld:
http://www.rockler.com/ecom7/product_details.cfm?offerings_id "03&filter=glass
--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA
snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Ron Truitt) wrote in 3314.bay.webtv.net:

The cabinets in my kitchen have little clearplastic pieces that look like the figure eights you use to attach table tops, but with a little tab the goes against the glass. These are help in place with screws. They are ok if you aren't concerned with how the inside of the door looks. When I replaced the glass with the custom stained glass my wife made all I needed to do was trim the tabs a little to accomodate the new thickenss.
It was somewhere outside Barstow when snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Ron Truitt) wrote:

On a door ? There's only one way I'd do it, set the glass into a groove. This means you need to assemble it around the glass, which can make finishing a problem.
You _might_ set it into a rabbet with a ply backer, but that's ugly IMHO.
Andy Dingley wrote:

far
can
Sooooo- what happens when the glass breaks? the OP will have to have a groove at the top or side of the door with a wood strip included to hide the slot where the glass would be inserted--- Had the same problem when making a flag case with glass in a slot. Ph
It was somewhere outside Barstow when "Phil at small (vs at large)"
You saw the lip off the groove, converting it to a rebate. Doesn't happen that often.
"Ron Truitt" wrote in message

Silicone works well, won't rattle in the future, and is what a glass company would use if you brought it to them to mount.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 11/06/04

Silicone destroys the silvering on mirrors, because it releases acid when it cures. Use a low-acid grade, suitable for use on mirrors.

Ron,
When we built a cherry display hutch, we used the groove type panel retainer from Rockler. It made for a very finished look and were very easy to install / remove to replace glass if necessary. They jamb fit into a oversized groove that the glass sets in, holding the glass in tight. As I remember, we used the fruitwood color for the cherry.
www.rockler.com 32189 - Fruitwood Groove Type Plastic Panel Retainer 38896 - Clear Groove Type Plastic Panel Retainer
Hope this helps,
David