Guide to Electric Air Compressors for home shops

http://easyurl.net/Compressors

Excellent overview of air compressors. Recommended.
Joe

Excellent overview of air compressors. Recommended.
Joe
yes, good article - I would strongly disagree with only one statement and that was the avoidance of industrial pumps - I have an industrial compressor (Quincy) with a 5 hp single phase motor (compressor and motor weigh in at near 1000 pounds) - it is hugely nicer than the homeowner specials and runs nicely all day - and you can get these used for about what a "homeowner special" costs. And if you get a good deal on a compressor with a 3 phase motor, a couple of hundred $ will buy you a VFD to soft start and run it nicely.