GRR-Ripper System

Page 2 of 2

I've been subconciously aware for a few months that use of my table saw seems easier and safer. Yeah, that's a weird statement. I bet everyone who uses a tablesaw can relate to the idea that you gain a kind of feel or sense for how cut is going through experience.
Well, sifting through possibilities and ruling out that I'm getting soft in the head, I realize what's changed. I used a little splitter device from Mesa (Grip-tite) folks for about a year. Then I switched to the microjig splitter (GRRRipper folks). I thought it was way overpriced. But what you really pay for is all the design and testing time that went into the final product. I read somewhere that Henry Wang went through several hundred iterations in designing the GRRRipper. He also tried to have it manufactured overseas but could not get the quality he wanted in the production model so has it built in the USA (that may have changed - I don't know).
Anyway back to the original point - I haven't had anything close to a pucker factor cut on my table saw since I started using the MJ splitter. I must be getting really good. :-)
Bob
On Thu, 29 Sep 2005 10:09:44 GMT, "BillyBob"
<<<<<<< SNIP >>>>>>>>>>>>

Bob:
I started with an MJ splitter (as soon as I yanked the worthless factory BG off), but never got it lined up right - hence the Bies. A lot more expensive but easy to adjust.
Regards.

Well, I think the Bies is probably a fine piece of gear. Unfortunately it only fits a few elite saws which leaves many of us out.
Bob
On Sat, 01 Oct 2005 19:50:29 GMT, "BillyBob"

There are even elite saws it dosen't fit, like the General 650.
Barry
says...

Mine's still in great shape after over a year of (unfortunately) light use. Just be sure to double check that the blade is set to go through the channel between the runners. I've almost run the blade down the center of them a couple of times.