Gripe about sillycone toobs.

Page 2 of 2

On Fri, 13 Aug 2010 07:05:29 -0700 (PDT), Robatoy

I use surgical gloves for finishing. when i need to preserve sily-cone I cut the tip off one finger of the gloves and use it like a condom. it works short term.
skeez

It's catalyzed by moisture, so exposure to air will do it in. What you really need, is a dessicator. With a paint can and CaSO4 dessicator, I've kept an open tube of silicone for months with no accidental curing.
I'm told Gorilla Glue (almost all the polyurethane glues) catallyzes with any OH group (water, alcohol, etc), so it'd probably work on that, too.

I can tell you from experimentation that Gorilla Glue will not sure under water. At least not in the time I allowed.
--

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.

These work good for me.
http://www.woodcraft.com/Catalog/ProductPage.aspx?prodid0796&ss1696429-d6c6-4244-aba0-82105a409565
Oh. Tubes! I misread the title.......

Hell, I *wrote* the title and still see what I see.....and it isn't 'toobs'...LOL