Glue Blocks on Finished Surfaces

I'm about to undertake a project using glue blocks and wanted to ask if it was plausible to use glue blocks with already primed opr painted wood.
Or should I sand the wood first before gluing?
Thanks.
Darren Harris Staten Island, New York.
snipped-for-privacy@mail.con.com wrote:

Sand it. The glue will stick to the paint - probably and depending - but the bond is no better than that of the paint to the wood, AAMOF, tht's what the bond would be.
--

dadiOH
____________________________
dadiOH wrote:

Another way of saying the above is, "Sand only if you want the glue blocks to do their job."
Deb

Also "Glue first, paint later." Glue works best when it can sink into the wood. Prepainted wood, even after it is sanded, absorbs a whole lot less glue.
-- Poverty is easy. It's Charity and Chastity that are hard. --anon
Ok, thanks everyone. I figured I'd need to take out the sanding block.
Darren Harris Staten Island, New York.
On Monday, January 28, 2013 9:35:56 AM UTC-8, snipped-for-privacy@mail.con.com wrote:

I've got a propane torch and paint scraper, and can always find my way to bare wood. Sanding is good, too.
Glue holds to wood better than finishes hold to wood, as well as better than glue holds to finishes.