Gloat - resaw bandsaw

Some months back whilst looking for a used tablesaw, I came across a Ryobi Band Saw. I had thought it was one of the standard blue ones you pick up at the BORG for $99.00 and the seller was a bit high in the $100 for a used one range.

After a couple of missed visits to see the bandsaw, I caught up with it on Monday this week. I wrote down the model number to be BS-50N which comes up with exactly one hit on Google as being capable of a 2" resaw blade.

Intrigued I made a few calls to find out if parts are still available, maybe. You can get part numbers but BORG is the only one that you order them through.

I picked up the saw for $100. There is a tiny bit of rust under the table and on the metal of the switch itself. The cool blocks are unused. There was NO sawdust anyplace.

A page with photos here:

A Womack

Dude - you sucketh.

Great score - thats a nice machine.

Reply to
Rob V

Great score! I could only find one previous newsgroup reference to it on the wreck, back in 1996 but there was no real info. I checked the Ryobi product online manuals - nothing available and nothing in their forums either. AltaVista, Google, Yahoo and a few other come up with nil returns. It's a bit of a mystery, let us know how it performs.

Greg

Reply to
Groggy

My butcher has one just like it. Seriously with the stainless table it looks like it is one design for butchering meat.

Reply to
David Babcock