General 650 -- Done Deal

After way too much research and way too much comparison shopping, I finally pulled the trigger on a deal through my "local" General distributor (100 miles away) to buy the General 650 table saw. Thanks to the many folks here who provided advise and thoughts. Within the next few weeks when I take delivery of the unit, I'll post my thoughts on the whole buying, setup, and general feelings of the unit.

Wayne

Reply to
waynefb

We want your comments and thoughts as you become increasingly antsy waiting for it to show up. Then when you're struggling to get it into your shop, we want to hear all the cursing and swearing. :)

Reply to
Upscale

Cheers!

You'll have no regrets, great unit!!

Have some buddies around to get it moved where you want, and to give a hand setting up the fence/table extension.

Andy

Reply to
A Dubya

Don't forget that this saw ships with the wings installed. Make sure the helpers know NOT to use them for lifting. I made my helpers day when I explained to all of them that we had to lift the main table only, as we slid the saw through a 3' door.

One comment was "If you ever move, I won't be around that week."

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y B u r k e J r .

On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 17:23:14 -0600, B a r r y B u r k e J r . wrote (in message ):

I'm already trying to figure out HOW I'm going to get the saw back from San Antonio to Austin. I'm going to have to rent a trailer, and some type of dolly so that I can get it moved into position. The good news is I've set aside the front door of my garage as the spot for it, so once I open the door, it only has to go in 2.5 feet and we can drive the trailer to the position where it gets dropped off. Several people at work have already offered to help me move it in (They just want to see this thing -- OK, so do I since I had to buy this sight unseen), but if I ever move it's going to be a bear. ;-)

Wayne

Reply to
Wayne Brissette

I was thinking of this when I bought my latest tool. I probably will move in the next 5 years or so. Moving the shop is going to be a bear!

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y B u r k e J r .