General 50-185L contractor saw setup

I just purchased the General 50-185 left tilt TS and am at the point in the setup where I can now cut wood. I've adjusted, as best as I could, the alignment of the motor pulley and arbor pulley. But when running, I am feeling quite a bit of vibration. I can see the motor bouncing/vibrating and the belt wobbling/vibrating which is the source of the vibration in the saw. I can't figure out what could be causing the motor and belt to be doing this. I'm considering installing a link belt.
Any ideas on how I might reduce the vibration. Might the link belt make a significant improvement?
Thanks, Jim

You bet it will. It reduced mine significantly. Get the performance package from in-line industries. It comes with machined pulleys and link belt for $50.00, free shipping.
Todd L
On 26 May 2004 13:22:08 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@wi.rr.com (Jim F) wrote:

Definitely. In my experience, contractor's saws benefit greatly from link belts. The stock belt may also soften a bit on it's own with some use as well, but if it were mine I'd buy a link bent for it.
Barry
I have a Delta CS and it drove me crazy with vibration. I was too cheap to buy both the machined pulleys and a link belt. I decided to try a link belt first, thinking I could always buy the pulleys if the belt didn't work out. Well it worked out great and the problem was solved. You won't regret it, even if it should turn out not to be the total cure. Good luck ...